Sunday, March 16, 2008

At last....for now

So, if you haven't read up to this point, you may want to go back and read parts 1-5 of my story. It's really just the past 2 years of my life. It feels like it's been forever some days, and other days I can't believe so much has happened in that amount of time. Hopefully this will complete my story and catch everyone up. Here goes...

So, I give this guy Scott a call. He says the position is still open. O.k, check mark for door number one being open. Let's see if God opens the next one. I go in for my interview. It goes well. We discuss the policies for church and decide I need to change some things in my life but otherwise things go really really well. Check mark for the second door. It looks like things are going to move forward. I was really really excited. Scott was awesome. He was really open and easy to talk to which is something I love in someone who is a supervisor/manager. Someone I could see myself having a working relationship with, but if something happened in my life I could go to them with. The other guys that I'd be working with seemed really cool too. I had a really really good feeling about this. During this time, my brother was preparing to leave for Jordan, and my cousin was preparing to move to Virginia to go to medical school so I was really struggling with losing two of my closest guy friends at home. We didn't get to hang out as much as I would have liked, but I loved those guys, and I was having a really hard time thinking about my near future without them. So, here I am, ready to start at this new job, with lots of guys who seemed as though they would be great accountability partners. I couldn't believe how God was fitting these pieces together like this. A job close to home. A job at my home church. Guys to be accountability parters/encouragers with. Involvement at church. So many things were coming together. I felt like my eyes were finally opened to what God wanted for me. I was trying so hard to listen to what He wanted for me and my life. It's tough sometimes, and I don't always get it right, but He's not given up on me once. I feel like that was the major recurring statement He wanted me to hear. "I refuse to leave you. I refuse to let you mess up the plan I have for your life." I'd love to say it's been nothing but ups since I started on this new journey 2 years ago, but it hasn't. I continue to be tested. I continue to fail on my own. But I continue to strive for God's plan for my life. I continue to love everyday I am where I am. God has blessed my life in so many ways. I have so many new friends, so many new loves, and so many renewed loves. He's brought so much joy in to my life through His love for me. I do have a God that loves me and fights for me, even when I'm weak. Thank you to all who have been there for me and have continued to support my walk. You all have touched my life in certain ways and I hope through this story you realize that part you had in God's plan for me. I love you all.

No comments: