Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2 a.m. revelations

This is tearing me up inside and it can't make it to paper
and with all these one liners, eventually I'll fill an entire sheet
but for now I guess I'll have to settle for 2 a.m. revelations
thinking if I had one more second today I'd have spent it on you
There it is, four lines in, and I feel like I've got nothing else
no more words to work with, just the silence of memories
and the depth of your eyes, the longing in your last embrace
because somewhere, you wonder if maybe it will be our last
You wonder if maybe this will be the last you hear my voice
and you think "If I have one more second today, it'll be with you"
So that's what makes us, us, that wanting one more second
The first and last thought of everyday somehow revolves around you
and filling the gaps in between is the thought of your smile
We may not be perfect, and what we have may not be perfect
but beautiful doesn't have to be perfect and what we have is beautiful
The only perfect thing we have is the One who keeps us together
the One who brought everything together to this specific moment
this moment when it comes to an end and you look up at me
and I say...
I love you



Funny what spending 5 years apart from the girl you love will do you to. Those 5 years seem such a distant memory until I run across stuff like this and all those feelings come rushing back. I told Jen last week I think it's good to remember where you've been because it helps you remember all the things God's done. It's easier to look back on that stuff and see it as opposed to being mired directly in it and trying to figure out what He's doing. He's done so much for us and I am so thankful for each new day.

No comments: