Friday, January 18, 2008

New Class(es)

I signed up for my classes today at BCC. Big news there huh? Actually, it is for me. Every time I go there I have to pray as I'm walking up to the doors because I honestly want to turn around and leave. I don't know if anyone else suffers from this anxiety when it comes to education but it seems to be one of my few issues. I don't know where it comes from but it's there. I've never really liked school but every year after 5th grade it became harder and harder for me to pay attention in school because of my dislike for it. I loved the social aspect of it though. Friends, sports, outside activities, etc. I can't figure out why I didn't like the class part though. I guess due to my biggest fear, failure, I've convinced myself I don't want to risk it. Rather than try and fail, I just didn't even want to try. It's funny though because when it came to baseball, where failure was so prevalent, I didn't hesitate. I wanted to ball when it came to those situations. I guess through it all I found some strong points. I love working with people. Yes, I get frustrated sometimes, but above all else, it's what I love to do. I guess that's why I'm in a servant position at church. Being behind the scenes and helping that many people is really where I feel my best. God has given me such an awesome job and He's surrounded me with such great friends and mentors. I know this was completely roundabout as far as bouncing from one subject to another, but bear with me because this is my thought process sometimes. On top of that, I'm tired. Late nights bowling will do that. Shoutout to Marsh for coming out last night with Rob and I until 1 a.m. and going to work at 5:30. I could never do it. For now, make sure you keep praying for Nathan, Tricia, and Gwyneth Rose in the below mentioned link. Check out their story. It's an amazing one.

2 comments:

jerseygirl said...

just know how proud I am of you and what you are doing. Keep up the good work bud. Love you

CFHusband said...

Thank you!